Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2020

THE NAHARIYA AUTUMN RACE

 



The Nahariya Autumn Race

Before we get too deep into this story consider the following two presumptions based on statements from the Babylonia Talmud:

1. In Sanhedrin 37B, it says: “The world was created just for me."

2. Bava Metzia 58b-59a alludes to the proposition that embarrassing a person is a form of bloodshed tantamount to killing him.

 

I have run in Nahariya’s autumn race at least five or six times.  Once when I could not run because of an injury, I speed walked with darn good results.  Although through the years I have slowed down considerably and it has become increasingly more difficult year after year to cross the Finish Line I still love to run and particularly I love this race.  But this year because of the virus the race has not been scheduled. 

 

Until I started thinking about it I was sorely depressed.  Then like a flash the quote “The world was created just for me" popped into my head, and everything changed.

 

I am not ashamed to say that I am one of those persons who talks with God. I have reasoned that Hashem knew that this year I would not be able to make it. Hashem is merciful, wanting to keep me alive.  Not wanting to embarrass me as embarrassing a person is a form of bloodshed tantamount to killing him, so Hashem had the City shut down the race just for me.  For my part I am humbled and most thankful, B”H.  Just wait to next year.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment